Sunday 5 August 2018

28mm Perry Miniatures Dragoons

I am a passionate 6mm wargamer (more on this in future posts) but absolutely adore the finely detailed 28mm figures which are being churned out by manufacturers of late.  So I made it a pet idea of mine to occasionally build a few 28mm units just for collection. Being aimed for the showcase, I put in that extra effort in finishing the figures. These are 28mm Perry plastic figures straight off the box painted as the 2nd Dragoons. The trumpeter's horse was converted from that of an extra officer with sheepskin and saddle roll built up in green stuff.I had to do this to beef up the unit to 14 figures since only 13 mounted figures are supplied in the box. I purchased a single officer figure from Perry and converted the horse for the trumpeter whilst the extra officer figure was converted to Eagle bearer. The final result is fairly decent I think.



Officer single figure

Trumpeter's horse furniture reconstructed

Eagle bearer, trumpeter and officer close up

No comments:

Post a Comment