Saturday 21 March 2020

Hundred Years War knight in 28mm

To combat the boredom caused by this COVID19 thing, with people being locked up at home and all that, my local gaming club W.A.R.S Malta (for those who would like to look it up on FB) last Sunday organised a paint-at-home competition. Contestants were asked to submit a photo of an unpainted figure on the club's Facebook page and then upload a second picture of the finished model by tomorrow Sunday.  Voting will take place on FB for the next seven days with the entry garnering most likes by next Sunday being declared the winner. This is my entry for this competition - a Front Rank HYW knight in 28mm.  Winning or losing is not important to me, the most important thing is I have another addition to my medieval collection. I'll post an update with the results next week.  Till then, stay safe and keep painting.









And finally one for those flat-earthers who will maintain that the figure is larger than 28mm :)



16 comments:

  1. Fabulous brushwork Mike, stunning is a better word for it bravo!

    Just doing research myself to commence my later 100 years war figures for the battle of la Brossinière next week.

    Cheers
    Matt
    French Wargame Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You created this masterpiece in ONE DAY? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day? No that wouldn’t have been possible. Started Monday and finished yesterday. I didn’t actually log my hours but I estimate it took me around twenty eight. A lot for a single figure!

      Delete
    2. That work duration is reasonable. You may still be human after all! The detail you put into this piece is gobsmackingly brilliant.

      Delete
  3. Mike - amazing, that is in a class of its own!

    only 59 more to go :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million Norm! My mind must be dulled with all that painting but fifty nine of what?

      Delete
  4. Wonderful heraldy job and gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Phil. The entire scheme was picked from a Google picture by my pal Dave after I turned to my group for inspiration so I hope I haven’t made any copyright infringement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exceptional paint job and good choice of a subject for a painting competition. You really knocked it out of the park. Most impressive. I could go on but I’ll just be repeating myself. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey thanks Stew! Well, you know, being a competition does tempt you to pull out most of the stops and spend that little more time in detailing the model. I am more than happy with the final result.

    Should anyone be interested in viewing and voting this may be done thru the FB page of ‘Gold on Dice Events’. The entries are not numerous but they are all very nice. Except mine, they are all fantasy but the paint jobs are worth a look. Enlarged images are available in the comments section.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Jaw-dropping brushwork on a fantastic figure, Mike! Whoah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Dean. Yes, I admit I’m very happy the way this figure turned out. Napoleonics were my first love but I have to admit that medievals have earned a special place in my heart as they give you such a wide and varied palette that the combinations of splendid heraldry and colour are practically endless,

      Delete