Sunday 31 May 2020

1808 Spanish and Portuguese units in 6mm

I've been busy adding more 6mm figures to my Peninsular forces these past weeks and managed to finish a decent amount of Spanish and Portuguese units for my upcoming Albuera refight. All figures are from Baccus as usual and I still have a few Portuguese units to go before I can stage the battle. I also put in a few Spanish command stands - a couple of Portuguese commands will be added later.  I plan to include a few British officers in these to reflect the British training and equipping of the Lusitanian troops.


Five Spanish line regiments plus some irregulars/militia (bottom right) and command stands in front
The 4th, 10th & 14th Portuguese line regiments 
The combined force, Portuguese on left and Spanish on right
I hope to add some cacadores this week or the next and wrap up the remaining 12 Portuguese stands that I need for the refight. I will put them up on the blog as soon as complete.

Until then keep healthy everyone.


12 comments:

  1. Very impressive sight, Mike! I am anxiously awaiting your Albuera battle. This is ground I have fought over several times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jonathan. I only played Albuera once before and I got a good hiding playing the French!

      Delete
  2. Most beautiful and impressive army!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil! Hope to give them their baptism soon.

      Delete
  3. Looks great Mike and also looking forward to seeing your Albuera game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a few weeks Jon. Thanks for visiting and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Wow! That looks amazing, Mike. I wouldn't have thought so much detail could be painted in this scale. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean. In truth Baccus’ excellent sculpts make the detailing possible. It’s amazing what these tiny figures pack!

      Delete
  5. Impressive, you move between scales effortlessly with your brush, everything always looks so cared about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are ever so kind Norm but I’m very shaky with anything larger than 28mm. I hope to try a couple of 54mm figures in the near future and see how that goes......

      Delete
  6. These look great! Nice job. Your eventual game will be a visual treat. 😀

    ReplyDelete