Monday 8 June 2020

Portuguese line infantry and cacadores in 6mm

As a continuation of my current Peninsular project I have this week completed a further two regiments of Portuguese infantry - the 5th Line (First Elvas) and the 2nd Cacadores regiments. Both regiments belonged to the Second or Centre Division and carry the distinctive white standard.

All figures are from Baccus as usual. I am now close to my 24 stand target for the Portuguese, with only four stands to go. At 20 stands strong, they are now the equivalent of a 7,200 force on table in Age of Eagles terms. I cannot say that I am pleased with my progress - it is quite possible to be much more productive when painting 6mm figures but I have other life stuff going on which obviously take away precious painting time. This week I hope to wrap up painting figures and concentrate on a few terrain items.

This post has been cross posted to the Analogue Hobbies Quarantine Challenge blog.

Cheers all!

The two regiments completed this week
2nd Cacadores
5th Line Infantry
The full Portuguese complement


14 comments:

  1. Cracking job, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know all about how life interferes with painting. Even with the 6mm troops.
    Still, two good looking regiments are better than no regiments. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s unbelievable how something always crops up.........

      Delete
  3. Beautifully painted and based, Mike. I think feeling we may be getting behind in painting is a good sign. It shows how much passion we have for the hobby, especially when it competes with more worldly matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean! To be honest I never thought about it that way. Goes to show how valuable fellow gamers’ comments are.

      Delete
  4. Good morning Mike
    Excellent painting and basing. Are you like Jon in that you paint 6mm one shade brighter than probably the actual colour to make them stand out?

    Regards Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peter. I use black as a primer and leave some of it showing in the recesses to create depth and contrast. I try to use the proper shade of uniform colours and then highlight with a lighter shade. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully painted troops, and very impressive seeing them en masse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and for your kind words Dean!

      Delete
  7. Yours is the latest blog that I have 'discovered' (c/- a link on George's 'Musings on...' in this case). You did such a wonderful job of painting these 6 mm figs (on all the various posts). Delightful!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey James! So very happy to have you visit. I’ve switched off a bit from 6mm lately but I always work in cycles so it’s only a matter of time before I come back to them. Glad you like my work and many thanks!

      Delete