Tuesday 7 August 2018

15mm DBA


Some way back my clubhouse group decided to each set up a DBA army in 15mm.  We each chose any army from the excellent army lists included in DBA 3.0 and your truly chose Army IV/82/b French Ordonnance 1481 - 1515. Not happy with just one meagre army, I decided to go for a second one (there aren't so many figures involved as the armies are quite small) so that I could play solo at home if need be.  For my second army I went for IV/61 Italian Condotta which I decided to set up in the Milanese colours of the Sforza family. We made a block order from Essex Miniatures, a mainstay in 15mm figures and these are the end result (with apologies for the pictures setup and quality):

French Ordonnance Army
French Gens d'Armes
Gens d'Armes close up

Mounted crossbows and Albanian stradiots

Medieval artillery contraption !




The Milanese were eventually finished too although it took a bit longer than expected since I couldn't let such detailed figures down. Those pavises were especially tricky in 15mm! Again, with apologies for the picture quality and herb garden (!) backdrops.

The Milanese Army

Italian Condottieri following the Sforza Banner

Pavise crossbowmen
Bombard and peasants with men-at-arms at rear
Milanese foot and horse archers







   
Sadly, we never really got around to do much DBA since we are all more inclined towards Napoleonics and ACW but these figures make a nice addition to my collection and look pretty good in the showcase too!

No comments:

Post a Comment