Tuesday 27 August 2019

28mm Mounted Men at Arms for Lion Rampant

I have always had a soft spot for colourful mounted medieval knights and this is my first such unit for Lion Rampant.  All figures are 28mm Front Rank and all liveries/heraldry are fictitious. As always, Front Rank figures are a pleasure to work on.  All colours are Vallejo acrylic Model Colour with the exception of the metallics which are Vallejo Air.  I find the Vallejo Air Steel especially effective when highlighting armour over successive layers of Metallic Black and Gun Metal.










16 comments:

  1. Mike, your heraldry is mind-blowingly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jonathan. I admit it did take a bit of effort to get the desired finish but all in all it was worth it.

      Delete
  2. Stunning, the nicest I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million Norm but I’m pretty sure there’s much better work out there.

      Delete
  3. Can only echo the above, that is some of the best heraldry I’ve ever seen. I would of sworn they were stickers or transfers or some such. I’m gonna go burn all my paint brushes now. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooooooooo, not the paintbrushes!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

      Delete
  4. Oh my, Mike; the heraldry on the barding and jupon are amazing. Precise and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dean, it’s really encouraging and motivating to get such appreciative comments like yours and the others above. Seeing they were so nicely proportioned and sculpted, I did try to go the extra mile with these figures. I hope I’ll be able to keep the bar so high in future. (Those jupons were a bit tight on space tbh!)

      Delete
  5. Wow, you've got a new fan, wonderful job on these minis, the work on the heraldry is stunning...I'll come back, new sub!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a real lot Phil and welcome aboard. The more the merrier! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's some beautiful painting Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Work of art (and love) on all the heraldry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Brax! Very much appreciated!

      Delete