Sunday 25 February 2018

"Behold Jerusalem!" - Knight of the First Crusade (1099) in 54mm

This is one of my first ever attempts at acrylics on a larger scale model - prior to that it had been mostly enamels and oils.  I had been inactive for a long number of years and by the time I returned to the hobby acrylics were all the rage.  It was all very well to use that medium on 6mm figures, but the larger scale models require blending - or layering as it is called when using acrylics. My inexperience at that time in this area is quite plain to see in certain parts of the model (not that I've improved much!) but overall I was satisfied with the end result.

The model is a 54mm resin figure from M Model of Poland.  Not a perfect sculpture but it turned out to be decent enough in the end. Project was completed in 2015.





No comments:

Post a Comment