Thursday 4 May 2023

French Guard Chasseur a' Cheval in 54mm

Been a while since I sat down to post something. Doesn't mean I haven't been busy though. Since my last post (gosh, was it eight months ago?), I've completed a few models, managed to actually play a tabletop game (and promptly lost!), have a couple of projects in progress, and have been having regular weekly evening meetings with my gaming group for board gaming. Been on a nice trip in February too. 

Once I overcome my posting apathy I hope to eventually post something on some or all of the above. 

Today I'll start off with a 54mm Chasseur a' Cheval Garde 1815 from Pegaso Models. Pegaso produce beautiful models, their casting is clear and very crisp making their models really nice to paint. The figure is cast in white metal and is painted entirely with acrylics (Vallejo). This has long been languishing in my war chest and I finally found a good enough reason to fish it out.  One of my gaming buddies turned 60 last month so I reckoned it would make a great special occasion present to someone who appreciates this stuff.  As a matter of fact it was very well received.

Would've been nice to add an engraved brass plate but I just didn't have the time to find a decent supplier. If anyone knows of a good one I would be happy if they could drop me a name.

 Anyway, hope you like it!













 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Picking up from where you left off, another beautiful figure emerges from your workbench. Your Guardsman is superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Jon! Actually there have been other projects in the meantime. Hopefully they will be the subject of future posts.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mike. I can understand posting apathy. Glad you’ve been enjoying the hobby without blogging. Sometimes I think to myself there was a time when I would just do stuff without writing about it. 😀
    The figure looks really good and does make an outstanding present. Nice job. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Stew! Always good to hear from you.

      I tend to go through such phases (I had also posted about it once) when I’m either flushed with enthusiasm and drive or I just let go completely. Don’t know why. It’s just how I am.

      Delete
  3. Splendid chasseur a cheval of the Imperial Guard, excellent finish and nice to see a post from you!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Iain! Always good to hear from you. Many thanks! Although I was in hibernation from blogging I still kept myself busy.

      Delete
  4. Splendid Chasseur a Cheval, Mike! Great to see your wonderful brushwork again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dean!!! So so sorry! I only saw your comment now!

      Many many thanks for your kind comments and apologies once again

      Delete